Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Leaving Our Shell of A Life





(1Thessalonians 5:17) "pray without ceasing"


The song "I Can Only Imagine" is used to describe a lot of situations. In the song, it is telling us a story of when we face our Abba. We really face Abba each day though. Like yesterday when the world was shook by the tragedy of the Virginia Tech Massacre.


The truth is, I can't imagine. I can't even go there. The pain is too overwhelming. Thinking back to the Holocaust, the Vietnam War, and other such seemingly senseless brutalities of the human soul; the magnitude of devastation is too overwhelming to comprehend. Lives will be changed forever. What was God thinking? Hmm. But then He watched His own Son die the most brutal death. Was this even God's fault? After all, it was our choice to sin in the Garden.


These types of unthinkable devastating blows to the nature of our core belief will continue throughout our life. They get closer and closer to home, our home. We are left with but a resemblance of a shell called life where we have been forced to move out and onto somewhere else.


I am left today with that of a broken soul and spirit, one that cries out to you Abba, "Why?"


On my knees, I pray.
Connie

2 little hearts from you...:

Sharon Bardwell said...

I agree...I can't even imagine...
It doesn't answer all the "why's" but here is an article that is a good start...

http://www.godissues.org/articles/articles/969/1/Grace-in-the-greatest-tragedies-of-life

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

i read the article. Your post was good.