Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Thursday, March 15, 2007

What is Love?




(1 John 4:11)"Beloved, if God so loved us, we also must love one another. "

What is Love? What does it look like, what does it feel like? Do you love everyone?

I'll be honest. I love some people more than others. And there are some people that I just have a hard time loving. So what is Godly love?

Is love having someone watch over me when I am alone and scared? Is love having someone comfort me when I am hurt? Is love helping me understand this ugly unloving world or someone to rebuild my broken dreams? Is love someone who will laugh and cry with me. Or is love someone who will be my friend?

Maybe. But love is more than this. I know. I have seen it. I have lived it.

I remember experiencing Jesus in human form. I was at the end of my road. As I looked into the eyes of Jesus (through this person), I cried, "But I can't, I can't do this anymore." And he said, "But I love you." I know that it was Jesus that spoke. And he stood by me all through the ugly side of my life as I began to restore my journey in Christ.

There are times that I felt like the woman at the well. Not measuring up. Less than perfect. What kind of Christian am I?

I still have those days.

That is when I see Jesus in my life and each time I hear, "But I love you." Through someone or something that God puts in my path. And each experience is so intimate that only He and I know what is happening.

Those people in my life that allowed Jesus to flow through them and showed me what love was, have taught me what Godly love is so that I might teach someone else what God's love is.

Yes, this is love.

This is Jesus. And My Jesus is Love.


His beloved,
Connie

0 little hearts from you...: