Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Rope Burns


(1 Corinthians 10:13) "No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; He'll never let you be pushed past your limit; He'll always be there to help you come through it." (Msg)



My life as a child was a life no child should ever have to go through. I learned to become self-sufficient and independant at an early age. I learned there were very few people I could trust, and yes that included God.

Being self-sufficient and relying on God cannot coexist.

This past year has marked many defining moments in my Christian walk that have proven brutally painful. God in His tender mercies is teaching me to rely on Him and become less self-sufficient.

Just as a hunter walking through the woods, hearing the cry of an animal, finds a small bear caught in a trap, the hunter actually has to push the trap in tight and impose more pain to the small bear before the trap can release and the animal can be free. Sometimes, it appears God may be imposing more pain on us when really He is trying to release us from the trap / pain we are in.

Some have said to me lately in love (don't we always say that?? in Christian love, like it's the go ahead for whatever you are fixing to tell me??), "God will not give you more than you can handle." But the truth is, yes, He will.

Why is that?

Because He never intended for you nor me to handle any of the circumstances in our life no matter how trivial. He wants them all.

The longer we hold onto the ropes of our lives, the more painful the rope burns. Eventually, the pain becomes unbearable and we have to let go of the rope. This is when our precious Heavenly Father will reach down and pick up the rope and guide us with all the love He has.

May our prayers be that God give each and every one of us more than we can handle today and everyday, so that we may let go of the ropes and allow Him the reigns of our lives.

His beloved daughter,
Connie

see you Monday...

1 little hearts from you...:

Anonymous said...

Connie,

I found your blog on the Living Proof blog. I had to go and take a peek because the title caught my attention -- Little Red Hearts from God. Just last week in Bible study (Breaking Free), I was watching the DVD and beating myself up with feelings of inadequacy as the facilitator of such a great group of women. I hung my head and right down at my feet was a little red foil heart sticker. I picked it up and just felt like God had left it there for me.

LOVE YOU BLOG and I will read it often!!! I have a blog, too, and would love for you to visit if you have the time. www.doricook.wordpress.com

Blessings,
Dori