Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Are You Listening?


Proverbs 18:13 "He who answers before listening that is his folly and his shame....."
When I ask you to listen to me
and you start to give advice
you have not done what I ask.
When I ask you to listen to me
and you begin to tell me
why I should not feel that way,
you have trapped my feelings.
When I ask you to listen to me
and you feel you have to do something
to solve my problem,
you have failed me;
strange as that may seem.
Listen.
All I ask is that you listen.
Not talk or do
Just listen and hear me.
I can do for myself, I am not helpless.
Maybe discouraged and faltering,
but not helpless.
You contribute to my fear and weakness,
but when you accept as a simple fact
that I do feel what I feel,
no matter how irrational,
then I can quit trying to convince you
and get about the business of
understanding what is behind
the irrational feeling
and when that is clear,
the answers are obvious
and I don't need advice....
I just need you to listen...
His beloved,
Connie

0 little hearts from you...: