Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Friday, August 6, 2010

Sandpaper People


I was talking to a friend last night and said, "I believe I have lived a" bullied-life" mentality long enough. I have pretty much let the world have its way with me. I believe (in a sick way) that I almost thrived on this life...

It seems that I have always come upon the type of people that just rub me the wrong way and threaten my foundation---Sandpaper People, I have heard it called. Thus, I never really hung around long enough to let the roughness of the situation soften my character. I was and can still be the type of person that first ignores the situation and then as things get hot, I begin to fight like heck only later to pick up and run.

I remember a College Professor telling me one day, "Connie, you cannot write and you will never make it through College." I now had something to prove.

The fight was on but never allowing the true potential to reveal its beauty in the softness of the experience.

Years later, my dad gave me a gift. He was an artist and he did a portrait of me... He drew it in a way that he saw me. He explained the drawing to me as he saw me and it brought tears to my eyes. Is that how you see me dad?

We (or I) tend to see ourselves through the eyes of life circumstances-- not as we really are through the love of the One that really matters...

Ephesians 2:10 “We are God’s workmanship"

So I am learning to let the experiences of the Sandpaper World...as it roughens my outer core, to soften me into the tenderness of His image.

3 little hearts from you...:

Karin said...

God has used some really difficult - sandpaper - people to achieve in my life the polishing I need. I'm grateful for to Him for sending them. I've often wondered if I wasn't the sandpaper in their life as well, you know, as iron sharpens iron. I've found that underneath all that sandpaper is another person just like me who just wanted to be loved, if not understood. Good post to think on!

Mari said...

Wow Connie - that's a really thought provoking post. I've run into a few sandpaper people too. I've had a few sandpaper patients as well, and have found that underneath they are usually marshmallows!

Denise said...

Amazingly awesome post, just like you are sis.