Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Choosing The Tree of Life




Here are six things God hates,
and one more that he loathes with a passion:
eyes that are arrogant,
a tongue that lies,
hands that murder the innocent,
a heart that hatches evil plots,
feet that race down a wicked track,
a mouth that lies under oath,
a troublemaker in the family
. (Psalm 6:16-19)

We all have family and friends that complain, complain and complain some more. They might be the troublemaker of the family. They lie through their teeth. Guess what, we may be that person--never happy.

Why do we do this?

Not because we are evil (most of the time—there are a few exceptions) but because we are frightened, lonely and feeling unloved.

Have you ever sat across from a friend or family member and have that person whine constantly about how “someone” made their life miserable? It always has to be someone else’s fault. NO ONE can make you anything!!! It astounds me how people can place total blame of a situation on someone else. In doing so, this takes away our choice in the matter. God gave us a choice in all circumstances. (Adam and Eve had a choice although one was fruitful and one was not)

We live in the victim role meeting a need we long for. But people grow weary of this; most people are drawn to others with a positive outlook on life. Notice how we gravitate towards happy-giving people. Notice how we avoid the unhappy.

Recently, I went through a very difficult situation. I had someone bring it to my attention, like I wasn’t already aware. I had already chose a road to travel--it was to be honest with those involved. I don't believe you have to stand at the top of a building and announce your dirty laundry to the world...But I am very forthcoming in my situation. The only area I may not be is where it will affect my family. But if it involves only me, I am honest to a fault.

In doing so, I have learned. Trust is not earned, it is a gift. I will open up doors for others to love and accept me because I am less than perfect.

I take full responsibility for my mistakes. I can say I have made many. If you choose to love me where I am, that is wonderful. If you don’t, then one of two things-- You are dealing with your own issues or you were never my friend to begin with. I can live with that.


It is important we surround ourselves with loving caring people. Do not allow the critical unloving people in our life. Family, friends it does not matter. They will hurt us and take us down. We are in a very vulnerable place and we need to grow strong.


LET GO.

I no longer feel like a hypocrite when I grace the doors of church but know I am a sinner saved by Jesus Christ. “For I came to save the sick.” (Mark 2:17)




"Faith is a decision you make to tell the Truth about yourself when you're uncertain about what might happen." Book Real Love

4 little hearts from you...:

Denise said...

Amen, well said.

Unknown said...

Very good post for everyone!! Thanks

Sharon Brumfield said...

Awhile back you came by and left a comment...it was so sweet to see your name.
I have thought of you often as I have gone through CNA school...especially on the last day when a speaker came in from Hospice.
I thought of all your tender stories and wondered how you were doing.
Still not sure how I will use my CNA position but I do hope that I will be used by God like you are.
I have been trying to come over and see you...and I did...but a nasty little tracker named google-analytics kept blocking me. Finally tonight...I won!Well...me and some little ghost blocker thingy. :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome post. The tree of life, where all things are pure to the pure in heart. Everything in life is constantly wanting us to come away from that tree and visit the tree of knowledge which is where we always get in trouble.

Thank you for stopping by my little corner. I had no idea you originated the Storm Dancer award. I love it. In the case of my post, I was just writing without even knowing about the award. Funny how God does things.

Love your blog and I'm looking forward to visiting often. Have a gorgeous day.