Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Saturday, September 26, 2009

HOPE






These days have been far and few between… I think of my blog friends often… I know you well and hold you close to my heart…

amazing how God takes us down new roads and some of those bumpy at times.

The past few years have been an interesting journey… Some beautiful sights as well as the swampy slush we are brought to wade through. With all that said… I thought I would share where I am right now…

Hope… defined by Wikipedia is a belief in a positive outcome related to events and circumstances in one's life. In the Bible, it is mentioned more than 200 times. “Christ in you is the hope of glory.” Or “…that you may abound in hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.”

I must say, I have struggled on the side of hope lately. I listen to the news… the world in the situation it is in…”Where are you, God?”

Sometimes, when I lose a lot of patients in a short time, I struggle. I love them all. And it is a hard road at times. “Where are you, God?”

Our community has been hit hard lately with the loss of children in tragic accidents. “Where are you, God?”

My mom is sick now, my sister and I are not ready to go down this road after having lost our dad not so long ago. I want her better. “Where are you, God?”

Last week I crawled, yes I said crawled in the bed with my patient, so that I could talk to her and hear what she was saying to me. “Is this the end?” I asked her, “What do you think?” and she said, “I don’t know.” So I went on to ask her if she was at peace and she smiled. I asked her what she now hoped for.

This lady had been my patient for many months. She fought like heck to stay alive. I told her it was ok to fight and I'd fight with her but when the time came, I knew God would give her peace and hope. Today, He did.

So I asked her again, “What do you hope for?” and she said, “I have it. I have Jesus.” She just closed her eyes and I cried.

When we have Christ and it looks like all hope is gone,,, we have Him.

I ask myself, “Where are you, God?”

You remind us that You are in my breath, You are in my children’s smile, You are in those that comfort us when we are down, You are in our darkest moments, You are in our past, present and future.

For as a wise man once said, “Life with Christ is an endless hope; without Him it is a hopeless end.”









6 little hearts from you...:

A Stone Gatherer said...

Once again Connie your words make a beautiful statement! I love the last quote! So true!

Unknown said...

Your insight is incredible, I love reading your posts.

Denise said...

I continue to love you, and your precious, very beautiful heart.

Denise said...

Hope, a powerful element in our christian walk..... Without hope our faith has nothing to do...... We HOPE and it brings faith alive and it is the thing that we hold tight to until faith brings the unseen into sight....... She hopes to see Jesus soon, faith will bring it to pass.........:) I have too been missing a lot in the blog world.. Caring for Mom and Dad has become full time.........

Technonana said...

I too have been asking that question... Where are you God??
It's hard to understand sometimes and hard to hang onto... That Hope That He promises...But He is The Original Promise keeper!!
So I know when I can't hang onto anything else, I can hold onto that!
Thanks for sharing you thoughts!!

Connie said...

What a meaningful job you have.
My prayers are with you as you minister to your patients.