Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Finally Make It Home



God’s timing is always perfect.... it amazes me how easy it is to accept that when something wonderful happens. But when we are waiting and watching, it doesn’t come so easy.

Today, I had the coolest experience...I arrived at a home of a patient that had just passed away. When I walked into the room where my patient was, the children were by the bed.

The son said, "I think he is still alive but it might be my imagination". This is so common. People hold onto every last ounce of hope. I could tell by looking at the patient, he was indeed gone. But I have to officially do my thing so while I was pronouncing (checking the vital signs and officially stating the patient has died) my patient.... I was about to say he was gone... but some one's cell phone went off with the song... "Finally made it home" by mercy me....I looked up with tears in my eyes....I told the family I couldn't have said it better...They, too, had tears in their eyes.

“Oh Dad, you are Home!”

How fortunate we are to get the confirmation that our loved one has made it to his destination.

When we finally make it Home!


9 little hearts from you...:

Searching for God in the everyday said...

This is beautiful! And I thank you for the reminder that God's timing is always perfect. In a world where so many confusing things happen that seemingly don't make any sense, there is so much hope in that truth.

Denise said...

So awesomely beautiful my friend, love you.

Julie said...

This brought back bitter/sweet memories....

Thank you!

Unknown said...

How sweet is that??!! to have a song comfirm this mans final resting place. Hospice nurses see/hear some really awesome things. Many blessings to you

Technonana said...

Yes Indeed... race has been run... finally HOME!!

Sharon Bardwell said...

Heavenly music indeed!!!

Laura said...

Beautiful testimony!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

God was just letting that family know that their loved one was home with him..How wonderful..Music is such a great thing in our lives, isn't it??? Sandy

Denise said...

That is beautiful !