Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Heavenly Flowers



Song of Solomon 2:16 (The Message) “Delighting in the flowers until dawn breathes its light and night slips away…”

She was a kindhearted Christian woman. She worked hard raising her children to be the light of their Papa’s eyes. She took care of their home. And she loved her husband.

But the years have finally taken their toll. Her mind has began to fade and now a life-filled once with promise and expectation is filled with wait and wonder…

A waiting to be called Home…

A wonder of when…

Some days my patient and I just sat across from each other and sang. Some days… there was silence. She was happy most days just holding hands.

The other day, I sat across from her with my hands folded and it was then that she started to pick from my hands. I smiled at her and asked what she was doing. She said, “You have the most beautiful flowers, thank you.”

I was too anxious to move, frightened of spoiling a moment so sacred and so holy that I just held my breath. "Time to breathe", I thought as I watched her take her hand-filled bouquet of heavenly flowers and smell them. Maybe I too could catch the same aroma she seemed to be savoring.

I closed my eyes wondering if I could sense the Lord’s presence. Could I smell Heaven? Could I feel the brush of Angel wings? I do know I tasted Heaven once again, this time witnessing my purpose in her life.

As the night came, she slipped away… breathing in Heaven…delighting in dawn’s garden of Light…

What gifts are you carrying from the Father into lifes of others?


5 little hearts from you...:

Denise said...

You are such a precious gift to many my friend, love you.

Unknown said...

HOw wonderful to witness moments like this.. sometimes we don't know the gifts we give but God does. Bless you

Technonana said...

What a beautiful picture you have painted here!! I almost feel as though I was there!!
I have caught a glimpse of heaven from time to time... makes you long for the real thing!!

Anonymous said...

Love your writings, You have a way with words that's for sure!! You are such a Blessing:)

Donetta said...

A gift of a bouquet for both of you.