Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Prayer Request


I have TwO prayer request...

Sadly, two dear friends are in need.

The first is a nurse that I work with, her grandson has just been put on Hospice. He is 9 months old. Something we are all too familiar with in our line of work so when it knocks on our own door, we act as if we should have been immune to the situation.

His little brain is shrinking... He is dying. This couple has tried so hard for a baby, only to turn him back over to God very soon....

Unfair?


My second request is for a dear friend. I, all too often, speak of self-loathing. Am I unforgivable? What about those that cannot forgive themselves? My friend could not... to the point of trying to take his own life. He is now on life support with a not very promising prognosis.

Please pray for him and his family.

Despair?

The dictionary describes this as: Loss of hope; utter hopelessness; complete despondency

"The king will mourn, the prince will be clothed with despair, and the hands of the people of the land will tremble." (Ezekiel 7:27)

"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God." (Psalm 42:11)

Over and over again, Psalms reveals the word "Hope" which over powers our despair and gives us a promise of Tomorrow....

"Hope" is a thing with feathers
that perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
and never stops---at all." Emily Dickinson

Thank you Papa for today and for our tomorrow...


8 little hearts from you...:

Technonana said...

Oh Connie, my heart is aching for your friends!!! I Will Pray!! Sometimes all that comes to mind is... I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!

Denise said...

Wow, how heartbreaking for your dear friends sweetie. I will remember them, and you in my prayers. I love you.

A Stone Gatherer said...

Connie, so sorry about these terrible losses! I will be praying for them!

Tracy said...

So very sorry to hear about these two. Be assured of my prayers...

Tea with Tiffany said...

Lord, send forth your comfort and your healing hand. Bring peace to those who mourn and strength to the weary. We rest in your love, your warm embrace. I'm unsure of how to pray for these precious souls. However I can trust your Spirit will speak what my silent one cannot. We trust and praise you in all things. We put our hope in you and in heaven. We love you.

Bernadine said...

Connie, I just wanted to stop by and say hello. I'll be praying for your friends.

Donetta said...

Hi, Will pray as I am reminded of them.
How about you Connie.
How are you doing? Are you around life as well as death. I wish I could tack you out to a soda and just play and visit. I wish I could reach over and just tickle your ribs. Well here is a hug anyway!:)

Connie Barris said...

Donetta...

great point... I make it a point to find life ...

and I find beauty and life even in death...

thank you my sweet friend.