Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday






As recorded in Mark 15


It was the third hour when they crucified him. The written notice of the charge against him read: THE KING OF THE JEWS. They crucified two robbers with him, one on his right and one on his left.Those who passed by hurled insults at him, shaking their heads and saying, "So! You who are going to destroy the temple and build it in three days, come down from the cross and save yourself!"

In the same way the chief priests and the teachers of the law mocked him among themselves. "He saved others," they said, "but he can't save himself! Let this Christ, this King of Israel, come down now from the cross, that we may see and believe." Those crucified with him also heaped insults on him.

The Death of Jesus At the sixth hour darkness came over the whole land until the ninth hour. And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"—which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

When some of those standing near heard this, they said, "Listen, he's calling Elijah."

One man ran, filled a sponge with wine vinegar, put it on a stick, and offered it to Jesus to drink.
"Now leave him alone. Let's see if Elijah comes to take him down," he said.

With a loud cry, Jesus breathed his last.


We cry when life isn't fair....when someone over looks us for something we should have received credit for. Treats us wrong. Cuts us off in traffic. Passes us up on a promotion. States an untruth. "But it's my right...."

Yet this Man, this Jesus, died for sins that were not His own. He surrendered and took this cup. All for us. He never had one right...

As we walk away in silence, and may be even shed a tear, let us pray....


13 little hearts from you...:

Anonymous said...

Bless you my friend, Awesome post:)

Denise said...

Have a very blessed and beautiful Easter sweetie, I love you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mocha with Linda said...

Yes indeed. When I've gotten aggravated about some things this week, I keep thinking about the cross and the verses in Philippians 2.

Have a blessed Easter!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Great as always..Connie!!

Happy Easter, Sandy

Patty said...

GREAT post!!! Powerful!! Thank you for writing this and I needed to hear your words at the end.
Have a blessed Easter my sweet friend!!
Love,
Patty

Shari said...

It seems like we humans have to get past those "rights" that we think we have - especially the right to feel hurt. Holding on to hurt will lead to unforgiveness and bitterness.

Tracy said...

What a beautiful post...thank you.

Julie said...

Connie, As usual another beautiful heart post.

Thanks for sharing.

OH MY GOSH!!!!! I cannot believe you are having dinner with William Young.... " I shall not envy, I shall not envy, I shall not envy!!!!! " Just tell me the restaurant and I will just "happen" to show up! : )
You know, like I'm in the neighborhood.................
Yea, right!!!!!!

That is so AWESOME!!!!!!

Is he speaking somewhere nearby?????????

That is just SO cool!!!

I just finished another book that it awesome. It is a little book by David Manuel called, "Once Upon A Prayer". It is a small book on "conversational prayer". Now I have done this before, but this approach is a little different. This is my 2nd day of doing what He suggests and I am having an awesome time dialoguing with Jesus.

Tonight my husband did the exercise and it rocked his world too.

It's too hard to tell you about it through blogworld.
So email me if you want to know more. Maybe you've already heard of the book. It goes well with The Shack!

Love,
Julie

Mocha with Linda said...

P.S. Loved the story you shared on the LPM blog!! What a ministry!

Mocha with Linda said...

P.S. Loved the story you shared on the LPM blog!! What a ministry!

Susan said...

Amen and Amen!! One of my fondest memories of Good Friday service was the "blackout" and then someone singing a capella, "Were you there when they crucified my Lord?" It was stirring. Then following that on Sunday when all turned so bright and cheery again.

God is good all the time. I've missed "seeing you" on here. Hope you are well.

Much Love,

Susan

Tracy said...

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog...and thank you for your willingness to pray for Sarah. She has asked for prayer in adjusting to the culture as soon as possible. She is a quiet, understated person and feels a bit overwhelmed right now by all there is to learn. Thanks again.

Blessings and Happy Easter!
Tracy

P.S. I was so excited by your comment (my very first) that I very quickly (and inadvertently) deleted it! I tried retrieving it to no avail...so sorry.