Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

What's Your Purpose?





Well, bless my soul, my sweet friend Tiffany over at Southern Sass has blessed me with this award...



And I told her that it was really interesting because just the other day, I was thinking about how it had been one year now that I have been blogging. And I was trying to think back to why I even started blogging. Do I still blog for the same reason?

What is my purpose?



My purpose? It is all about HIM....



You tell me, is it all about Him in your reason for blogging?



So I would like to pass this award on in a little different way....if you leave me a comment on what your purpose is for blogging, I want you to pick up this award, post it on your blog and then let me know so I can read about it...



Blog on...




12 little hearts from you...:

Unknown said...

Hi Connie! Yes! I have a couple of reviews on The Shack on my blog. Check them out!!!
Grins!

Susanne said...

Hey Connie!! I love that you have received this award. Your blog is always such an inspiration to me. I just love visiting...

As far as my purpose for blogging goes, I'll just quote from my "about me" comments...

"I began this blog as an outlet, but now my prayer is that it will encourage other believers and spur them on in their faith. More than that, I pray that the daily musings and ramblings of this woman's heart, would serve as a testimony to those who don't know Christ as their personal Savior...that one who is searching, and seeking, might find THE ANSWER here...His name is Jesus!!"

Have a great night!!!

Denise said...

Hello my dear friend, congrats on your award, well deserved. My purpose for blogging is to try my best to show Gods love everyday to others.

Melli said...

Good thing for me I don't do this whole "award" thing! LOL! I have NO purpose for blogging! Except apparently it entertains the friends I've made by doing it... strange phenomena this blog stuff! I LOVE your blog though - BECAUSE it IS all about HIM!!!

Sharon Brumfield said...

I just love you girl!
And regarding your comment on my post--I am so glad I could "pump-you-up" :)
Reminds me of an old Saturday Night skit.
I so have a purpose for blogging. That is why my baby brother sent me here to blogdom.
I love the Lord. I love discussing anything about Him. I wanted to meet other women passionate about Him too.
Then I wanted to encourage them to love Him more. And I want to read there stuff and be encourage to love Him more. Spuring one another on to love and good works.
Gosh where have I heard that lately? Hmmmm. :)
And if along the way I find some women who want to wade deep into the goodness of Him--then it pumps me up!I am all about the meat!

When we put all of our pieces of the puzzle together--we get a much better look at the whole picture.
So that is my purpose.
Hope that jumble of thoughts made sense.
Thank you for being here in blogdom. I am honored to call you sister. \0/--now doesn't that look familiar? Every time I put that on the screen I think of you. :)

Denise said...

Connie....... It has almost been one year since I started blogging.. and you give me reason to think as to how I have changed this past year and the reason that I am still here....... I think I started just to chat with some friends as I was very lonely...... and I did find that but over the course of the year I have truly changed....... and purpose has become much more clear........... to share my faith and share the walk that I have had with the Lord..... to encourage other women that have walked through the battlefield of divorce and abuse and know that God is there for us....... He is watching and He so wants to bring healing to those broken spirits as He has done for me..................I think that I am moving closer to that each day..... and I am satisfied that I am right where the Lord wants me now................

you are a sweetHEART...... in my blog world..........

Denise said...

Connie... You are free to share the devotional with anyone....... that is why they are written ... to help someone out that is walking in the same places that I have walked..................

Gretchen said...

I suppose my purpose as I blog is to process verbally what is going on in my head. I'm happy to say that God has used this experience to grow me in faith and draw me to Him. However, it's all Him--I just wanted an outlet. God is good. All the time.

Thinking of you, Connie, so often.

xxxooogretchen

Gretchen said...

BTW, congrats on the award. ;)

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Our lives are all about him. Like Melli I have NO real reason for blogging but if in my blogging I can leave someone thinking about WHY I am a Christian then that is great!! I am just loving meeting other people and the majority of my blogging friends are Christians..it is like a little Christian community right here at my fingertips...Sandy

eph2810 said...

What a great award you have received - very fitting. I have to say that your blog does reflect HIM. Not only here but also at LWG :)

Can you believe that I will celebrate my 3rd anniversary next month - oh my - time flies when you are having fun.

Donetta said...

Hello Beautiful ...Well, my purpose for blogging began with a brain injury that left me having memory problems that literally pulled me out of womens ministry. I could not remember people I knew or who knew me. The humiliation got to difficult for me so after 25 years very involved in womens ministry I just sorta faded away. I just could not pretend to knew who they were and them saying to me" Donetta don't you know who I am"?
Then I tried other tactics like being straight forward. Many were gracious. Some however thought memory loss meant loss of intelligence. I just could not carry it. So I found a way to journal my days just encase the deterioration of memory caused me to forget my life, children and friends some day. My children will also have this record of who I am.
What I found was a place of affiliation. Where I had a record of sorts that help me to connect the memory to the people. I know you by your little red heart. Also by your heart.
Affiliation was a way to also share my experience strength and hope.