Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Saturday, November 10, 2007

God Has Taken Home One Of His Own



When God called me to Hospice, I of course, did a little investigating. One of Brad's classmates was over a Hospice Unit in Florida. She walked me through all the good and well, the good of Hospice...smile...

Allthewhile, she had her own personal fight going on. See she had a brain tumor and did not want to discourage me in anyway. So she did not tell me this.

Fate would have it that I wanted to tell her thank you and how much her words helped me find a path onto the road God had paved for me. And this is when my husband and I found out about her disease.

Only it was too late. The Lord had called her home.

So in her memory, I am blogging this to her honor and her memory.

Thank you Gwen

Gwen Hope Feather

Gwen Hope Feather, 56, of Cape Coral died Wednesday November 7, 2007 at her home.

She was born in Albion, PA in 1951 to her parents Jack and Thelma Gunter. She graduated from the University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing with a BSN degree, University of South Florida with her Masters of Science in Nursing with a concentration in community health and education.

Formally of Albion, PA, Gwen moved to Cape Cora in 1989. She was employed with Hope Hospice since 1993 where she was Chief of Patient Care. She was a member and past president of the Florida Nurses Assoc., member and past president of Oncology Nursing Assoc., Member of the American Nurses Assoc., Florida Assoc. for Healthcare Quality, National Hospice and Palliative Care Professionals, Hospice and Palliative Nursing Assoc., American Legion Auxiliary in Albion, PA, Loyalty Chapter OES in Cape Coral, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing Tau Zeta Chapter and the S.W. Florida Symphony.

She is survived by her husband Wally Feather, mother Thelma Gunter, children; Christopher and Andrew Holmes, Kelly and Holly Feather, DeeDee Wilkins, Denise Woodham, and Jennifer Jahn. Grandchildren; Reagan and Addison Holmes, Jennifer and Joshua Wilkins, Connor and Devon Woodham, and Tyler Jahn.

A new Angel behold...


Music is picked out by Brad

We love you and will see you again,

Brad and Connie

12 little hearts from you...:

JUST A MOM said...

Connie please stop by my place and pick up your award

Cheryl said...

I am sorry to hear about your friend. I'm sure that you were as big of a blessing to her as she was to you. Oh, I hope that I did not offend you by the blond remark on my blog. My daughter is blond and she is very smart. My brother is always picking at us. Hope you have a good weekend. God Bless!

Denise said...

I am sorry for your loss my dear friend, I love you.

Melli said...

Awww. What a loving tribute and thanks to your friend. Somehow I have a feeling that all of your good work has been more thanks to her than you will ever know. I sure hope we have someone like you around when the time comes.

Sharon Brumfield said...

Sorry you did not get to say thank you. But your life is a fitting thank you that will live on.
And--she knows. ;)
What a blessing she passed on to you and others.

Donetta said...

I am so glad you were able to share such a wonderful path. Be embraced Love you

Bernadine said...

So sorry about the loss of your friend, so glad that you have that sweet assurance of seeing her again.

Susan said...

We have many friends in Cape Coral. I wonder if their paths have ever crossed? It sounds like Gwen was a wonderful woman who gave so much to her work with Hospice.

Thanks for sharing her story.

Susan

Talk..to..Grams said...

Thanks for sharing Gwen's story. I am sorry for your loss. You wrote a beaufiful tribute to her. Love and Hugs, Carolyn

Sharon Brumfield said...

If you have the time to do a post about what you are going to do I think I should be able to help you get your info into the Linky.
If you do not have time maybe you can get in on the December 10th post.
Love your heart!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the loss of your friend. What a lovely tribute to her.

God Bless!

Lazy Daisy said...

I'm sure she knows of your thanks in countless ways that never needed words. May you continue to bless those around you as you minister to their physical and spiritual needs.