Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Hogan's Guardian Angel

(Luke 24:23)”…they had seen visions of angels…”

Our son was born with an Angel. When he was a few months old, he would look to the corner of the room and smile the biggest smile. We decided he must be playing with his Angel.

Years went by and our son grew older. His wisdom has always been far beyond his young years. And yes, I do mean wisdom of the world but also spiritually. He will ask questions that leave me speechless, Like “If I die first, who will meet me in Heaven?” But more importantly, he is a child that has followed his own heart---a heart that has heard his calling of his Heavenly Father.

When Hogan was four years-old, I heard quite a commotion going on in our bathroom. I stepped back in to find a little boy covered in bubbles holding his hand over his heart. “What son?” I asked. “Mom, I have Jesus in my heart.” Tears…..

Fast forward one year, we are at a Bibleman show. I looked at my five year-old son on occasions. He was so mesmerized. At the end of the show, they had an altar call. I was about to gather up and was talking to my sister. I turned back around to get Hogan and he was gone. Panic! I thought he’s been kidnapped. And then it hit me. I walked up to the altar. And there he was on his knees. I put my hand on his shoulder and knelt down with him. He turned to me and said, “Mom, I told you last year, I have Jesus in my heart.” I can’t write this now without crying. But our family went through baptism classes shortly after this.

Mothers Day, his daddy baptized him into the family of his Heavenly Father.

This story shows you the kind of spirit our son has. Of course, he’s all boy and does all boy things. So don’t get me wrong. Don’t we all? Recently, our son became an acolyte for the church. This was his first time. This is where the young boys and girls carry the light of Jesus Christ into the church then out into the world at the end of the service.

Our son was beyond nervous. He does not like to stand up and do things in front of people. Period. So he wanted us to pray for peace. All weekend. So we did.

Church came. It was time. No doubt, our prayers were answered. Hogan’s angel from birth was there and helped Hogan walk through this like a pro. He was at peace so much that I looked back and there was Hogan, swinging the candle stick like a baseball bat. Now I’m sure there were a few elders about to have a heart attack. But I’m sure Hogan has a young energetic Angel. Sorry elders of the church. But he eventually did catch my eye. The momma eye!! And he quit.

How did I know the Angel was there? I didn’t until I developed my pictures and saw a perfect light and outline of angel wings.

So even when boys will be boys or girls being girls….

Amidst us are our own guardian angels --maybe you will have a chance to meet him / her.


Living the supernatural,

12 little hearts from you...:

Denise said...

How precious, may God and His angels always be with dear Hogan.

Sharon Brumfield said...

Cool.
I too have had experiences like this with Julia.

Susan said...

What a great post! I love it that he is stepping forward in his faith. There is NOTHING more rewarding, that's for sure.

:-) Susan

Sharon Bardwell said...

Cool wings!

Hope and pray that you are feeling better soon.

Miss you too!

Anonymous said...

Oh Connie,

This is so awesome I don't know what to say but, our God is soooo good. Praise Jesus.

Anonymous said...

My Little Man use to do that too when he was a baby

Bless Hogan


Please note the change of blog addy
http://my3boysandi.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

Undescribably beautiful. It is so wonderful he is walking the path that God has given him.

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

how very precious that Hogan is so aware of the presence of Jesus in his heart---doesn't get better than that...

Talk..to..Grams said...

This is so precious,Connie! He looks so adorable in the picture. The best part is that he has Jesus in his heart!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

These are the heart of mothering moments that we treasure in our hearts forever.

Donetta said...

:) I sometimes can see my own.

Melli said...

Awwwww! Gooooooo Hogan! It's great that he is so comfortable in his faith at such a young age! God has big plans for him!