Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Monday, September 24, 2007

Watch For The Joy





“And when all the people saw it, they shouted for joy and fell face down.” (Leviticus 9:24)



“What? That is horrible, how can God do this to me?” cried the wife of one of my dying patients.


I took her hand and I sat there silently with her for a period of time. Finally, I said, “I don’t know what you are feeling, but the ones that do say to look for the joy in these times.”



“What do you mean?” She was appalled that I could say such a thing. “Joy? How can there be joy?” (And boy, if looks could kill)



And I told her that I really didn’t know but our Savior would show her the anointed "Joy" when the time was right. She only had to “Be still and know.” (Psalm 46:10)



She said, “I just don’t know about all this.”



I hugged her as I was leaving and said, “Watch for the joy.”



Today, I went to visit my sweet family. Her husband had joined the Lord in his final dance on earth last night. And as I arrived at their home, she came running to me and embraced me. She stepped back for a moment with tears in her eyes and said, “I saw the joy, we all did.” (Meaning her three daughters)



She went on to explain that before her beloved died, his face became a radiant gold as he glowed, appearing to look like a little boy, then he turned to his bride and “smiled the most beautiful smile” (he had been unresponsive for over a week). The oldest daughter had been out of the room so when she stepped back in, one of the other sisters cried out, “Daddy, sis missed out on our joy—but she is here now.” And one more time, he turned to his firstborn and smiled before taking his last breath.



As His light came into our world …. (Matthew 5:14)



“…For we saw the joy…”



11 little hearts from you...:

Anonymous said...

another beautiful post
bless you always Connie

Melli said...

Awesome! That is just awesome! GO GOD!

Denise said...

Wow, such beautiful joy. Thanks for being you my friend, love you.

Cyndee@Riezzee's Place said...

Blessings as you minister to people in times of sorrow and joy! Thank you for the comments about my injury. The pain is getting better - almost gone. I just have to be careful when I sit on hard surfaces (bleachers while watching swimming?). I still bring my donut as a backup. Thanks for your prayers.

Gretchen said...

Okay, just put a "tissues required" banner on your blog. It would save me a lot of fishing around to find something to dry my tears.

What a beautiful, joyous post, my friend. xxxooogretchen

gail said...

sooooooooo good! i need to watch for the joy in all kinds of circumstances in my life. thank you for reminding me of this.

gail

Nise' said...

It is so precious how many times the Lord will do that for a family who is watching as their loved one is welcomed into heaven. He is good.

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

wow connie - what an incredible journey he has you on. And i am sure He has picked the perfect one for the job!! you inspire me!!

Leigh

Patty said...

Wow! God is so merciful and compassionate!! This makes me want to cry. I am so glad they found the joy!!

Love you,
Patty

Talk..to..Grams said...

Ok, I am with Gretchen!!

I can't hardly see to type this for the tears!! Just a beautiful post.... just like you with your beautiful heart!

Love you Grams

Susanne said...

Beautiful as always, Connie...
You are such a blessing and inspiration to me...
And you MET JOHN ELDREDGE??? (I am SO JEALOUS!!...)
You'll have to tell me all about it!
Love and prayers,
Susanne