Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Marriage Meme





Ms Melli tagged me for this little marriage meme.... so I thought I'd play along... let's see if I can remember such wonderful intimate details.... here we go...



Where did you meet your husband?

Well, we actually had mutual friends... and we had met years before while we were married to our ex's......Then my husband now had been divorced for several years and I for several months when our friend tried to set us up on a date...Funny thing is, we kept running into each other all over town... and the date thing, well we never could get together through our friends, but he did call me on his own. The rest is history.





What was the first thing you said to your husband?


Oh how funny, he had asked my daughter and I over to our mutual friends to eat.. and I was out of town... so I called back and he could barely speak..... or so he says...so I carried on like a silly teenager girl would... Thinking, he'll never call back.. but he did later that night. And every night for one week before he ever asked me out... OMG...




Where was the first kiss? first date?


On the lips.. just kidding... our first date was October 31st, 1991. we took our kids trick or treating and then we went to eat sushi (a first for him) then dancing.. that is where he kissed me.. and I was in love ... BIG TIME.. and I still am...


Did you have a long or short courtship/engagement?


Probably long.... we dated 3 years... but after having come out of a marriage, didn't want to rush into anything...



Where did you get engaged?


My house.. he called my dad and asked for my hand first then asked me... how sweet...but there is a whole other story behind this...


Where did you get married?


if you note in the picture, that is my dad's backyard... it was beautiful. it did rain except while we were getting married... and the sun peered out for the ceremony. They(Whoever they are) say that is good luck.


How did the reception go?

Reception was awesome.. it was on my dad's huge porch... and we had lots of food, drinks.. and friends.. my husband had sent out the invitations.. casual.. socks optional...we had music...one of the best days of my life...



How was the honeymoon?





The absolute best.. we spent our time scuba diving in Cozumel.... it was Heaven...just as our marriage still is.... 13 years later...


I'd love for you all to play along.. either post and let me know or leave your answers in the comments....



have fun and Happy Labor Day!



9 little hearts from you...:

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Oh how very precious Connie...what I love is that 13 years later you are making those choices to move in to love your husband and honor him and please your God so much...very tender post...and i loved the song---how do you get a song on your blog?

sounds to me like you have been drawing out of your husband these 13 years the man God created him to be and he's been drawing it out of you...how awesome

i've been out of pocket from blogging with multiple graduations and two conferences in a row...
back in benbrook...

much love to you my friend! bev

Melli said...

Awwwwwww... what a sweet SWEET story! I'm so glad I tagged YOU! LOL! God has blessed you GOOD!

JUST A MOM said...

very sweet.... hope all is well on your side of the world.

Denise said...

How very sweet, I enjoyed this. The pictures are awesome, just like you are. I love you my friend.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I played this one also!! The sun shone as we walked out of the church and it had been one of those awful winter days in Illinois!! I think it is some sort of sign!! smile!! GREAT meme!! Sandy

Sharon Brumfield said...

How sweet!
It is nice to know that God gave you something fantastic in this marriage.
I am happy for you.
Great pictures.

Patty said...

I loved this Connie. How sweet and you are so beautiful!! This is a great meme!! :o)

Love You,
Patty

Amy said...

Great meme Connie! I loved reading your story. I posted this meme too.

http://milk--and--cookies.blogspot.com/2007/09/marriage-meme.html

Gretchen said...

Awesome pictures with a love story to go with them. Wishing you all the best for the next 50 years or so. :) I might play along; I'll let you know if I do. xxxooogretchen