Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Happy 68th Birthday Dad






How do we thank someone that has taught us right from wrong--

“What?” I asked

“What what?” my daddy would respond.

Puzzled, this questioning went on until I finally caught on. “Ah, what--yes-- Sir…. “I added—and the conversation continued as my dad wished.

The legacy continues. When my daughter was 4 years-old, we went trick or treating. She came running from a house we had visited yelling, “Momma, I did it, I said my good manners.” The folks laughed and my heart just melted. I thought to myself, "Thank you dad."

How do we thank someone that slayed many monsters along the way? Endless nights, our dad stayed up until we both eventually drifted off into a sweet sleep.

How do we thank someone for cheese eggs.... the best.... in place of beans...praise you Dad!!

How do we thank someone for taking us from crayons to perfume?

How do we thank you – Sir

This daddy--an artist, a Pilot, served in the Air Force, loves music,birds, plants, loves the finer things in life. But most of all he loves his family and he loves Jesus.

I, at one time, wished to be Jacques Cousteau. For my dad had taught me the love of the Ocean. I grew up around the water. The creatures of the water were my family in a sense. I think about the love of each of us now. For we are a family— such as the dear Octopus from whose tentacles we never quite escape, nor, in our inner most hearts, ever quite wish to…..Connie

We Love You Dad and Happy Birthday... October 2nd...

Connie and Lynn

17 little hearts from you...:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your Dad

Denise said...

I am praying for your dear dad to have a wonderfully blessed birthday.

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

what a neat dad!
what a good daughter!
you honored him so well!
and you live your life honoring his name!

Sharon Brumfield said...

How sweet!
It is amazing that as I grow older I see so much more in my parents to be thankful for.
May your Dad have a blessed Birthday.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute to your father for his birthday! Happy Birthday to a wonderful man!

Talk..to..Grams said...

Thanks for sharing all the photo of your family with us!! You our so blessed to have wonderful parents!!

Happy Birthday to your Dad!!

I am one year older then your Dad!!

Love and Hugs, Grams

Denise said...

Visit my blog, I have something for you.

Melli said...

Awwwww... what a sweet tribute to a SWEET Dad! Sounds like he was one of the GREATS! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIR!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Beautfiful!!

Sharon Brumfield said...

I have a little something for you over on my blog--come see.

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

thank you for the work you are doing to prepare people for the moment they are in...i have been volunteering for past 5 years or so at children's hospital on cancer wing with Candlelighters...we went last Thursday...and I have to ask God to hold me tight as most of ones there are gravely ill or wouldn't be in hospital long term...my best friend's 2-year-old had liver cancer and received her daddy's liver...what a privilege for you to have the job you have truly helping people holding their stories in your heart...may God's grace be all over you as you walk with your son's little buddy---oh my! will be praying for you!

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

oh how sweet - happy birthday to your Daddy!!

Leigh

Baba said...

Hi Connie, This video is such a great tribute to your Dad..Wishing him a " Happy Birthday " and many more....
I have given you an award on my blog.
You are fabulous.... Baba

Sharon Brumfield said...

When you get a chance I have something for you over on my blog. Actually I have a few but one I really like.
http://slgb65.blogspot.com/2007/10/
its-like-christmas.html

Holly said...

Happy Birthday...belated to your Daddy!

Connie, look at that long hair!

I have missed you SO much! I am praying for you, Friend!
Love,
Holly

Aunt Angie said...

That was the sweetest! I love hearing mom/dads remind kids of manners these days....it is rare...but precious. My girls were always better at remembering them away from me than with me....
You are blessed in your gift of a dad.
Thanks for visiting me Connie!

Susan said...

What a great tribute to your Dad! And I LOVE that song...and that movie!!

:-) Susan