Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Monday, August 6, 2007

Today, Melissa Was Healed






Today, my friend Melissa Skinner was healed.

Today, my friend will never hurt again, for she stands before Jesus completely whole.

Today, she heard these words:

My beloved responded and said to me,
'Arise, my darling, my beautiful one,
And come along.
'For behold, the winter is past,
The rain is over and gone.
'The flowers have already appeared in the land;
The time has arrived for pruning the vines,
And the voice of the turtledove has been heard in our land.
'The fig tree has ripened its figs,
And the vines in blossom have given forth their fragrance.
Arise, my darling, my beautiful one,
And come along!'"
"O my dove, in the clefts of the rock,
In the secret place of the steep pathway,
Let me see your form,
Let me hear your voice;
For your voice is sweet,
And your form is lovely." (Song of Solomon 2:10-14)


At age 36, with two small children, it seems and it is such a tragic loss. For we have lost a dear friend. We cannot help but ask God-- Why? And, I know we will not begin to understand the reason(s) this side of Heaven.

All we know is that today Melissa heard Jesus cry out, “Arise, My love” and so she did, for she took His hand and she arose.

For today, our Jesus called our sweet Melissa home.

Please help me pray for Melissa’s husband, two small children, her family and friends.

I love you guys.....

12 little hearts from you...:

Amy said...

This is my first time here and I'm not even sure how I got here.

I am sorry for your loss. The verses you chose are beautiful. Be assured that I will keep this family in my prayers during this time. It is hard to understand God's timing, but His way is perfect and we must cling to that.

In His Love, Amy

Anonymous said...

Connie,

I'm confused these days at what God is doing in bringing so many of His children Home at young ages. But one thing I know -- He is sovereign and He is sufficient! He is all we need and has everything in His hands. I'm praying for this sweet family.

My brother's wife also received the call at the tender age of 29 leaving Rob and my niece Shelby when she was only 18 months old. I know the reality of this type of loss!

"But there's far more to life for us. We're citizens of high heaven! We're waiting the arrival of the Savior, the Master, Jesus Christ, who will transform our earthy bodies into glorious bodies like his own. He'll make us beautiful and whole with the same powerful skill by which he is putting everything as it should be, under and around him." (Philippians 3:20-21 THE MESSAGE)

Susanne said...

Praying for you, and Melissa's family and friends. What a tragic loss, but God is in control of all things...we just have to keep our faith and trust in HIM during these difficult times. I love you dear friend!!

Melli said...

Awww... I am praying for Melissa's family... what a tough time they are going through. Prayers for you too, as I know you will be missing her.

charlestonyaya said...

Holding you and Melissa's young family close in my heart and praying for each of you! It is so difficult to let loved ones go - we grieve and miss them. But you are so right - she has been perfectly healed!!
Praying for and loving you,
Kathy

Denise said...

My dear sweet friend, I am praying for Melissas family and friends. I am very sorry for your loss, but as you so beautifully said, she is now healed. I love you very much.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

So young!! God has a plan which we of course do not know about!! My friend was older of course but will be missed so much!! Sandy

Baba said...

Dear Connie, Words can not express my sorrow for your loss and Melissa's family's loss...only prayers and "hugs' to you. Baba

Talk..to..Grams said...

Connie, I am sorry for your loss,this has to be very hard on Melissa's husband and their children.

I will be praying for them and you too. Love You, Grams

Susan said...

Wow that is so young. May God hold those who are left here waiting to "go home" in His hands. Thank you for reminding us what a blessing we have waiting for us on the "other side".

Hugs.

Susan

A Friend said...

My prayers are with you and Melissa's family. For Melissa, I rejoice. Praise God she is healed!

I know to some that may not seem compassionate but it is very heartfelt. What a blessing when we know that someone is joining Jesus!

To paraphrase "Gone from my sight":
Watching a ship disappear into the horizon they say "There, she is gone now." On the other side of that horizon they say "Here she is."

Holly said...

Praying for Melissa's family and friends (like you). I long for Jesus to return! Don't you?
Love you,
Holly