Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Crossroads of Suffering


The other day, I had a wife ask me “Is he going to get better?” They have been married for 64 years. “I don’t know how I can live without him.” She knew the answer when she asked me but I said, “No, he’s not, I’m sorry.”

I read the other day where a couple lost their twins and to add to the pain, they had already lost another child.

I learned a few days ago that we will be receiving a child to our services. There will be parents that will be losing their child.

Why wasn’t my young friend Melissa healed?

Why did my friend Jayne die such a brutal death?

Why does God choose to heal some and not others? There are miracles each day.

Remember the woman with the bleeding issues? (Matt 9:20-22) And Peter, he was delivered from Prison. (Acts 12:5-12) And the list goes on, Daniel in the Lion’s Den, Lazarus as he was raised from the dead. And how can we forget ol’ Job…. God healed these....so why not others?

Job—he had it all, he lost it all. His well meaning friends tried to convince him of his “lack of” faith or “sin” in his life.. For surely, he had done something wrong…. Do you ever feel that way when life is not going so well?

But Job stood firm in his belief. Without disrespect to God, he questioned the injustice and defended his integrity. “Though He slays me, yet will I trust Him…” (Job13:15)

Through Job’s faith, he was eventually rewarded. Through his perseverance of his sufferings because what Job did come to learn about himself was his pride. He found a humble spirit.

We learn too just as with Paul that God does not always remove our circumstances. For like Paul, he did not remove the “Thorn in his flesh.” (2 Corinthians 12:7, 10)

So our suffering can come as a gift from God. Now, I'm NOT saying He caused it. But He will use the circumstance. In Job's circumstance it is clear that God "allowed" the circumstance to occur. After the conversation with Satan and God. But God did draw a line to where Satan could cross.

These trials come to bring us closer to our precious Savior. “Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” (James 1:2-4)

When we are faced with the crossroads of suffering, we have two options—Spiritual growth or despair.

Do not look for a road block that says “No suffering” just because you are of great faith. You won’t find it.

But you will find a garden of trees bearing much fruit if you choose the right road.

When you choose Him.


7 little hearts from you...:

Amy said...

Something that I read in a book once stood out in my mind after reading this post.

You cannot develop perseverance without obstacles; you cannot learn to serve unless there is someone to serve; and you cannot develop compassion unless there is someone in need.

Talk..to..Grams said...

I have had to learn this when I fell and shattered my knee and did something horrible to my back!

and having a special needs daughter with lupus and mental problems!!

Most of the time I do really good with all this,but I have to just Trust that my Heavenly Father knows all this and is working every thing out!

I do good but some days when Nancy 's tells me the same stuff over and over and over!! 15 or 20 times, let me tell you it get hard!!

What I do is pray for GRACE from Him! He gives me grace or I could not do this.
Thank you again for a good post!!

Cyndee@Riezzee's Place said...

I finally had some time today to come visit. I think that your why questions are some that we always have - and maybe the answer is different for every person. But the hope is that Jesus, our Father is part of the answer.

Blessings

Laura said...

So much pain in the world - and none of it is alien to the heart of our Lord Jesus.

It helps knowing he has felt it too.

Thanks for this reflection, Connie.

Julie said...

Thank you so much for stopping by today. I appreciate your prayers for this family. Their daughter is especially in need of prayer.
Thank you so much for this post.With all this happening this week, it has made me and my family think a lot more about how God does have His hand in everything we do and it is His time not ours.

Gretchen said...

You speak such truth--such aching, literal truth. That's why it's called "growing pains", I guess. You're sure in the right profession, my love.

Joyfulsister said...

As A christian woman battling a life threatening illness. I know for me I have been humbled and I don't know how I would have handled everything had I not had the Lord in my life. There are no more why's but What now Lord? how can I use my journey to continue to bring glory to your name... and he whispers to my heart.." My daughter continue to write of my love and my hope and as youshare so shall my hope remain in you".

I enjoyed reading this thank you for sharing. Aloha Joy

Aloha Joy