Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

We Are One



". . . that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us . . ." —(John 17:21)

I have always been known for being an independent little booger. My parents and husband’s words, not mine. As my walk with the Lord has grown, this world that I have known has become increasingly painful at times. Dependence of one's self or being dependent on another (i.e. my Abba) do not go hand in hand. It's like mixing oil and water.

As I have walked the path of my ever growing, every changing sanctification process, praying all the while to grow in His righteousness, subconsciously aware "that I may be one." It would be impossible to remain independent, would it not?

I have fought hard. Just ask anyone. Not easily ready to give up my own self. I have lost love, I have lost loved ones, and yes, I have lost even myself. But just as in a marriage, it will either bring you together or separate you from the love you know. You will find the sweetness of the fruits from this life or watch the brittle limbs break away through the bitterness of our life choices.

One thing for sure, God will never leave us, until we are one with Him.

4 little hearts from you...:

Denise said...

God loves you dear one, and so do I.

Sharon Bardwell said...

Well said. Unity with anyone is hard. Unity with our spouse? Only if he becomes like me, right? Unity with God? Only if I can still have my way!

No we can't remain as we are and become one with another...yet becoming one with another makes us better as individuals.

Great reminder...thank you!

Laura said...

Thanks for swinging by and giving props to Holy Experience!

I have to concur with Sharon: well said. I love that line you wrote, "God will never leave us, until we are one with Him." Lovely.

eph2810 said...

Connie, your post is full of wisdom. I had my 'fair share' of hurts this side of heaven, but I know that they just make me hang on closer to His hand. I know that He will see me through until I enter into glory with Him.
(((hugs)))