Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

I Did It Just For You




(Jude 1) " Those who are called, beloved in God…"

Sometimes there is a miracle in the making and if we are not careful we will miss it.
I truly believe life is made up of small miracles. I believe that is what sustains our life and gives us hope in a fallen hurting world. Sometimes the miracles are so intimate that they should only be shared between our Abba and our self. But sometimes our Papa will say, "Go ahead, share my gift with others."

Last week was a special day. Princess Ivey turned one year old. For those of you that do not know Ivey, this is a great accomplishment. She has had a challenging year with many surgeries behind her and many ahead. She is truly one of God’s miracles and as her mom says, one of God’s wonders. Many times when her mom writes about her, I am left speechless and humbled.

My sister and I were to carry her birthday gift over to her on Friday (of course, I got stuck at work, so sis had the duty). But I had found the perfect card. It was a Max Lucado card and it said:

Next time a sunrise steals your breath
or a meadow of flowers
leaves you speechless,
REMAIN THAT WAY.
Say nothing and listen
as heaven whispers

"Do you like it?
I did it
just for you"

INSIDE THE CARD:
In the coming year,
may God’s wonders in your life
Leave you speechless.


I wept as I read this card. God had handpicked this card just for Ivey.

PERFECT .....my small miracle.

The card was delivered on Friday.

Work had been rough this particular Friday so I had to work late. As I walked into the house from work, my husband handed me a package. Seems like there are great people born in April. (Big Smile). It was from my in-laws (they live in Washington D.C.) Delicately (ha), I ripped open the package like a kid. I love presents.

I do, however, still have some manners, so I did go to the card first. And there I stood speechless. There was not "A" but "The" Max Lucado card. The one I had just given Ivey on the very same day. And my in-laws said, "All the wonderful things you have brought into our lives leaves us speechless." Now, I was speechless once again.

What were the chances of this happening? A small miracle? Oh Papa. Did you handpick this one for me?

And I stood there silent and heard the whispers, "Do you like it? I did it just for you."

And I thought of the wonders of our life and about how He sent His Son, Jesus.

You did it just for us.
And with each sunrise, I am left speechless.
As we are Your beloved.

Blessings
Connie

9 little hearts from you...:

Sharon Bardwell said...

I am at a loss for words...filled with His awe...speechless.

{{{HUGS}}}

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Connie for this post! I am headed out the door this morning for a difficult day and needed this so much! Thank you for being faithful!

Blessings,
Dori

Sharon Bardwell said...

WOW! I just checked to see who left you comments yesterday for your birthday...

and I found this one...

CrownLaidDown said...
May our Jesus meet with you, Connie and give you a present of His Presence...knowing that He is near...loving you so much!

ANSWERED PRAYER! If that card wasn't tangible evidence of the 'present of His Presence' then I don't know what would be evidence...do you???

Connie Barris said...

Oh Sharon,
I wished I could tell you about yesterday with Jesus... He was in every breath..
The present of His presence... awesome...

thank you for sharing it...

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. I'm speechless. I'm also reaching for the box of kleenex that I keep nestled behind my monitor for times just like these. God is just so amazing, even with the little details that mean so much to us. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment about your friend. Please give her my email, which I'll send to you after leaving this comment. I can imagine what she's going through right now, it was a devastating time in my own life. I hope it will be a blessing to the both of us, since we're both going through the same thing, even if I'm a few years ahead of her. I truly think God brought this meeting to be, since He knows that often times I feel so alone dealing with this. It will be nice to have another kindred soul to share the smiles and tears with. Thanks again so much for this wonderful post, and for thinking of your friend in her time of need. Ta for now dahling!

Denise said...

This was so beautiful, bless you.

Nise' said...

How awesome! God showed up BIG for your birthday! Praising Him!

Patty said...

Wow!! Thank you for sharing this!! I love it, and it was a delight from God, handpicked for you. :o)

Anonymous said...

I just got finished blogging on this, and you know what...I think you get it! You'll have to leave a comment on my blog with a link back to this entry. I hope you do, I just LOVE it!