Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Saturday, April 28, 2007

I AM Bible Study


Discussion Questions:
1. It was stated in the Lesson that God has made you "once, twice, three times a lady." Where are you in this progression? Obviously we have all been physically born, but are you 'twice a lady'? Have you been born again spiritually? This may be a private matter you'd like to discuss confidentially. If so, email me (Lisa). If you have already received this gift, write a brief prayer of thanksgiving or testimony.


No doubt I am twice the lady.... born again at age 39.... and forever growing closer to my precious Lord through Sanctification.. BUT.. I am totally His right now and forever.... \0/

2. Are you three times a lady? Has God given you a stirring deep within your Spirit to be a 'deliverer'? Do you have a desire or are you already meeting a need in the life of the church, a particular ministry (such as jail ministry, food ministry, etc.) or perhaps individuals who share common issues?

YES ... I'm a three times the lady.... I am a Christian Counselor... I love to teach grace and freedom in Christ. I love setting people free through the Holy Spirit of course. Through my life, I have been able to give back what I have learned... II Corinthians 1:3-5......

I love teaching.... I teach Sunday School..
But most of all, how I live my life.. I try to be a living example of our Jesus... as the song says, I want to be His arms and His feet...


3. Do you ever get tired of waiting for that opportunity to do something
worthwhile for God? Do you ever feel God is using someone else instead of you?

I get impatient... but no I never feel God is using someone else instead of me... This kingdom is huge and we need EVERYONE...

4. What do you consider 'worthwhile ministry'? Are you like me and sometimes find yourself mistakenly thinking it has to be Big to be Important?

Everything is important.. every detail... it's all important.. especially behind the scenes... I'm one of those that does not need to be on the forefront.... Not to say, my pride doesn't poke it's ugly head on occasions...

5. Have you ever taken a spiritual gifts test? If yes, what are yours? If no, here's a good one from Ephesians 4 Ministry. Will you take it and come back with a response? Knowing some of you like I already do, I can almost pick out what your gift is before you say it. I can't wait to see if I'm right!

I had never taken this test and really didn't know my gifts. so this was too cool... #1 was pastor / shepherd.... #2 was Evangelism.. #3 was Teacher....

Now that I have done it and read about it, I"m not surprised.. it's me...


This was really fun... thank you Lisa for doing this... this was a lot of work...


Blossoms....

Connie

5 little hearts from you...:

Nise' said...

Awesome, you in my Bible Study! ;O). Thanks for sharing your answers. I like to be behind the scenes, but know all about that ugly ole pride poking its head up!

Susan said...

I love these questions! And the picture of being "three times a lady" for Jesus is so beautiful.

I need to re-do a Spiritual Gifts inventory, so hope to get it done this week.

I want to thank you for your special prayers this week as I've gone through the loss of my Uncle. Realizing just how special the blogging community is has made me feel so special.

Blessings and Hugs.

:-) Susan

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I am so glad you are in on this study..I love to read your blog! Not to mention we are practically neighbors..:))

Your line of work sounds fascinating...what an outlet for ministry...

Thanks again for your insights..

Denise said...

May you be blessed as you do this study.

~Layers*of*Me~ said...

Great answers to some serious questions. I also enjoy staying more behind the scenes to help focus the spotlight in other places. :)