Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Friday, April 20, 2007

Has Your Bread Become Stale?



(Romans 6:12)"That means you must not give sin a vote in the way you conduct your lives. Don’t give it the time of day. Don’t even run little errands that are connected with that old way of life. Throw yourselves wholeheartedly and full-time– remember, you’ve been raised from the dead! Into God’s way of doing things."


"How about a little breakfast this morning?" I asked my son. He is testing this week so as his mom, I felt the need to pump him up with a little healthy breakfast, you know–good ol’ American cinnamon sugar toast!

So, I go to throwing my bread into the toaster where I start to grab the other ingredients. It is then that I realized I was out of butter. No problem I thought, I will just use some spray Pam to hold the cinnamon sugar onto the toast. Hogan will never know the difference. It looks like the real thing. I’m sure it will taste just fine.

If you don’t know our son, he has the gentlest spirit especially when it comes to his mom, so how was I to know breakfast was not a hit? How was I to know that Pam is not the same thing as butter? It wasn’t that bad as I took a tiny bite or so I tried to convince myself. My first clue was his plate with his barely eaten toast. As I gave him the look (you know the look that only us moms can give-sorry dads), he said, "I’m full," but of course, I couldn’t let that go (as only us moms will do) so I said, "But you just said five minutes ago you were starving."

Let me say that I too have cinnamon sugar-coated sin, made bad choices and just chose to walk outside of the will of my Papa before trying to pass it off to Him as acceptable or that it wasn’t all that bad.

How many times have we said that? Did you ever notice how everyone else's sin is always worse than ours?

Instead of giving Him the pure, unwavering love that He deserves, I sometimes give Him the undulating life that I present to Him in some form of imitation or left over and then I wonder why my Abba leaves my offerings untouched.

I wonder why my bread has become stale.

Let each day’s offering be a fresh aroma of our best as it fills the air for our Great I AM

Have a Supernatural weekend….


Connie

6 little hearts from you...:

Nise' said...

I love how God speaks through every day events and that you/we take the time to recognize the lessons that can be learned! Speak Lord, for I am listening!

Sharon Bardwell said...

God must surely have a Word for all of us today. Your post parallels today's Little Lesson in my blog. How cool is that!!

Your Sister in Him,
Sharon

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Your son sounds just like mine...so humble and sweet. He'd never hurt his mom's feelings!

Loved this devotion and I thank you for linking the 'I AM' study!

It is so wonderful to meet you! I love your blog!

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Get out! I just read on in your blog and saw you are from Rome, Ga. I'm from Summerville originally and have family in Rome...We are practically neighbors.:))

Anonymous said...

Very sweet, Connie!!

We were testing this week, too.

Monday I did well -- an omelet. He needs his protein, right?

Tuesday -- a Bagel with butter. Not bad!

Wednesday -- Running late -- a Nutragrain bar. Okay, I guess. It's fruit, right?

Thursday -- Running even later -- a Pop Tart! It's fruit-like, isn't it??

Friday -- Last day of testing -- Oh, just find something that will fill you up!! Reese's Pieces? Well, okay -- there is peanut butter in there, right????

Blessings,
Dori

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

How do you do this? You should write for Guideposts or some other devotional like that. Maybe you already do. I have to work for insight; you just observe and absorb!