Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Monday, March 5, 2007

The Masterpiece




"Do we not have a right to take along a believing wife, even as the rest of the apostles......"(1 Corinthians 9:5)

Peter was married when he became a disciple to Jesus. Jesus knew Peter was married. (Mark 1:29-31) With such controversy in some churches, why is it that our own Savior would even choose Peter as His disciple?

Was it because God created marriage? Was it because Jesus wanted us to see that it was ok to be a man of God and to be married? Maybe, but I think it goes even deeper than that. I think He wanted us to see something very special. And it will be different to each person.

You see, Jesus knew Peter was going to fail miserably at his job as a Disciple initially. But he would be called to the job anyway because God had to show Peter something. Peter had this pride thing to overcome. And he had to go through seeing his failures in the face of Christ first. Can you imagine looking into the eyes of our Savior after denying Him? Well, guess what? We do it everyday!

Maybe Peter went home and kicked the dog, or yelled at his wife. It doesn't say in the Bible. But in my situation, when things spiraled out of my control, I worked harder to fix it and when that didn't work, I directed it towards changing my husband, after all, it had to be him. I was studying scripture more than he was. I had a better channel to God (that is what I thought) so he needed to listen to me. I'm not sure how his patience didn't wear completely out.

And finally my moment came, I had denied my Lord and I no longer knew who I was. It was a pride thing or self-life that had caught up with me. But, God had a bigger, greater plan for my life. He had a masterpiece of a plan for me just as He did for Peter; just as He does for us all.

At the tender mercies of my husband, he embraced me. He reminded me of the God who loves me. It was my husband who showed me unconditional love that I had never known and reminded me that God was still in the business of miracles.

So I would daresay that God makes the plans for our life, with a spouse, without a spouse or whatever He chooses. It just has to be His decision. And that is what Jesus wanted us to see...

Jesus wanted us to see what His Papa sees

Our Beauty...

Our Abba created a beautiful Masterpiece in each of His beloved children...

Share it....

Connie

1 little hearts from you...:

Ivey's Mom said...

Your last few posts have left me with much to think about. The site looks and sounds incredible.
Gwen