Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Who Is The Author Of Your Life?



Recently, I sat down to watch a movie with my family late into the plot. I kept asking my family what was going on. To my daughter’s frustration she tried to tell me. “Who loves who, I asked? Are they together now?” But I never quite grasped what was going on. I could tell it was a beautiful love story--A man and a woman sharing their heart, their soul and their sorrows too. I just couldn’t figure out the true picture as how their love came to be from some tragic event that had occurred.


Life is like that, we find ourselves in the midst of a love story but not sure who the characters are or how we got there. We are confused. We ask others for their input and sometimes we don’t. Even so, those around us define the very nature of our life and yes even the most intimate details of a deep place within our soul, within our hearts. Our life has been defined since we were born by parents, grandparents, siblings, friends, and enemies.


We let others shape our life story. Truly our life's experiences of our own interpretation anyway.


When do we become the Co-author of our life? When do we begin to let God write on our hearts the most sacred meaning of who we are?


For it was His Son that traded His Heavenly Home for a Wooden Cross so that we could know love in the most intimate way. (John 3:16)

1 little hearts from you...:

Denise said...

Amen, very thought provoking sis.