Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Father's Day 2010


To My Dad


Dear Jesus,

Will you please give this letter to my Dad…

I want to thank him on this beautiful Father’s Day….for chosing me to be his daughter. And out of all the little girls in the world, he chose to give life to my sister and I.

So this year, I would please ask that you tell him thank you for these things and the million other ones I will forget.

When I was four years-old, Dad, you came to the hospital to visit me (this was the era where parents couldn’t stay with their children), and you had spent your lunch money to buy me a gift. You and I played for as long as they would let you stay. We played with the little army men you bought your little girl. They were treasures to me for I was born on a military base and this is something we often did. You and I had a special appreciation and love for planes.

So thank you for the nights we drove to the airport and watched the "Big" planes land and take off. How exhilirating it was. It was not suprise then that you would later become a pilot and I your co-pilot! So thank you for letting me fly your plane but loving me enough to respect it’s dangers. And my little sis just slept away in the back.

Thank you for all the nights you sat by my bed because I was too frightened to go to sleep. You always waited til I was secure and in happy dreamland.

Thank you for all the wonderful “dinners” of cheese eggs and cheese hotdogs. No one comes close to making them like you do.

Thank you for all the trips to Krispy kreme and then to the Key Largo to fish and snorkel.

Thank you for helping me become the best fisher girl. To love the ocean and respect it’s sacredness. Thank you for teaching me to drive a boat and not fall out.

Thank you for not making me ever eat baked beans (again) after I returned them to you the first time you tried.

Thank you for telling me about “boys”.

Thank you for being young and handsome and making all my girlfriends jealous.

Most of all, thank you for helping to encourage my dreams no matter how big.

I was always your little girl, even as you took your last breathe, you reminded Lynn and I of this with these very words, “You will always be my little girls, take care of each other. I love you and always will.”

Thank you for loving me, for loving us.

Happy Father’s Day… as you sit next to our Heavenly Father….God Almighty.

As your life bestowed life...


To My Husband

And I wish for my husband, the father of my children God's Blessings... as he teaches our children wisdom and knowledge, kindness and love.

Life is short, we are but a vapor (James 4:14)... I am so proud of how you have provided for our family.

Thank you for receiving your son into the kingdom of God through Baptism.. And me, your wife. I will always cherish this memory.

Thank you for your never ending support and unconditional love.

And at times, the prodigal father, friend and disciple that stands at the road and waits. Never giving up.

Happy Father's Day to you, Brad.

2 little hearts from you...:

Mari said...

This is a beautiful tribute to your Dad and husband!

Denise said...

Such a precious, very touching tribute to your dad, and husband. I love you sis.