Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Sunday, June 13, 2010

As My Garden Grows


Proverbs 13:10 “Arrogant know-it-alls stir up discord, but wise men and women listen to each other’s counsel…”

Many years ago, an elderly woman shared heart-felt and treasured words of wisdom with me. At the time, I did not appreciate these words. As with most young people I thought, "what did she know or I wished she would stop always lecturing telling me what to do. "

What I would do to have just one minute with this woman. She was my sweet grandmother and her words ring in my ear every day now. They are like gold nuggets precious and pure. She has really been on my mind lately. I must be going crazy; for recently I thought I smelled her perfume. She had the sweetest smell. She always smelled like flowers.

The circle of life—I have “tried” to pass on these golden nuggets to my own children. But I get the same eye roll and look as if I haven’t a clue (and that I gave to my own grandmother). But my insides smile because I know in due time, they will come to life-- Just as the words did for me.

Just the other day, my son shared with a friend something I told him as a little boy. It warmed my heart. I guess that is a mother’s job to pass things on to their children even when we know they are not quite ready. We are sewers of love, wisdom and knowledge. Those on our child's journey will harvest the rewards. We may or may not taste the fruits.

For now, I will watch and water my little garden.

As my garden grows.

1 little hearts from you...:

Denise said...

May your garden continue to grow beautifully sis, love you.