Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Train Ride

by Steve Pilotte:
(paraphrased)

We are born and we then aboard the train of life. It is then we meet who we think will be with us the entire journey. Those people are our parents.

Sadly, this is far from the truth!

Our parents are with us as far as we absolutely need them. They too have journey's they must complete-- we then must live on with the memories of their love, affection, friendship, guidance and their occasional stops--forever.

Others will now come and will be important to us --Brothers, sisters, friends and acquaintances whom we will learn to love and cherish.

Others we will encounter will share the many upsets, tears, and losses on this journey. And others may linger around to help out. Some will leave an everlasting impression when they get off. Some come and go so quickly, you barely notice you ever crossed paths.

We will sometimes be upset that some passengers who we love, will choose to sit in another compartment and leave us to travel on our own. Then again, there's nothing that says we can't seek them out.

Nevertheless, once sought out and found, we may not even be able to sit next to them because that seat maybe taken.

That's OK.

Everyone's journey will be filled with hopes, dreams, challenges, setbacks and good byes. We must strive to make the best of it---no matter what.

We must constantly strive to understand our travel companions and look for the best in everyone. Remember that at any moment during our journey, any one of our travel companions can have a weak moment and need our help.

We too vacillate and hesitate, even trip... hopefully we can count on someone being there to be supportive and understanding.

The bigger mystery of our journey is that we don't know when our last stop will come.

Personally, I know I'll be sad to make my final stop....I'm sure of it.

My separation from all those friends and acquaintances I made during the Train Ride will be painful. Leaving all those I'm close to will be a sad thing too. But then again, I'm certain that one day I'll get to the Main Station. There I will meet all those I've met along the way on the Train Ride. They will be carrying their luggage. All shapes, sizes, weights, colors, some will have more than others but one thing is for sure, each person will have their own luggage.

I will be glad to see you. And yes, that I helped contribute to your baggage and helped enriched your life even if in just a small way, just as you have contributed to my life and enriched my life.

We are all on this journey together, the same train, so why not make the ride a good one. I would like to make it as memorable as possible right up to the final stop!

God Bless

3 little hearts from you...:

Denise said...

Amen, such beautiful words my friend.

Technonana said...

This is a wonderful Post... Come On Ride that Train, and Ride It, so glad to ride it along with you!!

Heather Mattern said...

Even though this is an older post of yours and I have just now found your lovely site... I needed to hear this today!