Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Child Size Goggles





(PROVERBS 22:6)”Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.”

In this day and time, kids especially teens want to be cool. In their words and in their actions, they go to almost any means to be someone they are and someone they aren’t. When my son is with his peers, there is a certain cool factor that must exist… and heaven forbid if he is less than the rough and tough warrior he pretends to be.

As we drive back and forth from school each day or sitting in the room late at night, he shares his stories of his mighty conquers throughout the day. Yes, my young man is a valiant soldier in training…The stories probably somewhat embellished!

The story he shared left me with in a silent wonder thus reflecting back, thinking back to his early years when he first accepted the Lord as his savior, so I should not be surprised. Hogan has had a heart for God, “My little David” I call him, since he was 4 years old.

Anyhoo, back to the story, Hogan went to the County Fair a few weeks ago with a friend. When he got home that night, Hogan shared his sacred story with us. Let me add that Hogan does not care for heights and anything over a foot off the ground would classify as a phobic response from him. But as peer pressure would have it, Hogan was pressured into riding a rather large Ferris wheel that night. During the ride, the operator stopped the ride while Hogan and his friends were at the top. Now this was probably bad enough, but Hogan shared that huge bolts of lightning started to threaten the sky. He said the bolts seemed to grow very close to them and he felt he could reach out and touch it.

All of a sudden, with all of his friends around him sitting on the top of the world, Hogan began singing, “Jesus loves me this I know…”

Mom, I knew God would protect me…and He didn’t care about what his friends would think…

Maybe we should think more like our children… and not worry about what the world will think… But what God will think….

Next time ask for the child size goggles… and look through the world


Thank you Hogan for teaching me that sweet love…

17 little hearts from you...:

Denise said...

That is so very precious, bless your dear son. I love you.

Donetta said...

Hello, Long time to say so...Hogan makes you proud and I am so glad of it. How fun to show that example to his buddies.
Fun story.
I hope that joy over takes you.

Connie said...

How precious. How proud it made you feel. (good proud). You just imagine how proud God was of him at that time. Precious!

Denise said...

What a proud mom you are.. It does make us Mom's smile so big when our kids bless our hearts........

I am hoping to get back into the blog this fall.. I have been missing throughout the summer..

As We Sail... said...

That's impressive that he would do that.

Susan said...

What a beautiful beautiful picture!! And I love it that it came from a teenage boy!

Hugs,

Susan

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I will not concur on it. I assume warm-hearted post. Expressly the title-deed attracted me to read the sound story.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

It isn't hard at all to start making money online in the hush-hush world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat method[/URL], It's not a big surprise if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses little-known or not-so-known ways to produce an income online.

Anonymous said...

It isn't hard at all to start making money online in the hush-hush world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat training[/URL], Don’t feel silly if you have no clue about blackhat marketing. Blackhat marketing uses little-known or little-understood ways to build an income online.