Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Friday, August 10, 2007

The Street Pastor






When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. (John 8:44)

What is your reaction when you hear or read a critics report of a particular book, article or product? You can’t help but be slightly swayed a little, can you?

I am reading a wonderful book right now. And I have a wonderful friend that sent me a review on that book. It was not a rave review like I thought it would be, because this book is speaking volumes to me. At first, I went through the – well maybe they are right—as I read the critics report I thought well maybe, but then-- then I got angry, then there was the arguing with their point of view, the justification (well this must be why), and then I eased up on myself and realized the “truth” and that I must take it with a grain of salt, I am entitled to my different point of view.

What about the Preacher on the street corner? We might wonder how effective he really is. How many of us drive by ignoring him? Maybe even mocking him? Wondering how effective he really is? But there is one, two, who knows how many souls that have walked by and on a particular day when it just so happens to have been the worst day of their life. Something in the voice of the Pastor (Christ) catches their attention and draws them into the hope. They remember a seed planted from long ago. They go back to that longing. They find their way home. All because of a “Street Pastor”. The very one we are mocking.

The reviews of Jesus weren’t (still aren't) all that. Many people find Him to be not the Son of God, but maybe a Prophet, a good man, and the list goes on. You decide where and who you want to put your faith in.

But I find Him as my Lord, my Savior and my King.

For He is the Great I Am

And He lives

3 little hearts from you...:

Talk..to..Grams said...

What a great Post! He is my Lord and Savior and everything!

Without Him how lost I would be! I think there is song about that.
Blessing from Grams

Melli said...

AMEN! He lives!

And I knOw those street pastors are doing good work too! Books on the other hand, THIS one speaks to me, THAT one speaks to you... they are a lot like music! That which fills my heart with Him, may not touch you at all...

Bless you!

Sharon Brumfield said...

I have given you a little something nice. Come check out my Saturday post.