Home   My 100's   My Supernatural Journey   My Dad   Contact

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I AM Lesson 7




God is asking no less of us today than to believe He is sufficient to accomplish any and everything He could ever ask of us. He doesn't choose us because we are qualified, but because He wants to trust us with His Wonders. The thing about Wonders is that they aren't very wonderful if they do not originate from the ordinary. Let's explore this a bit in our Discussion.Discussion Questions:

1. How would you answer the questions, "Who Am I?"

A child of God. Emerging from the crashing waves, washed ashore, I have now found shelter in my Abba. Now I am learning that I can walk in my Lord.

I am no longer defined by the storms of my life. I am no longer defined by the darkness that prevails or the silence when I am all alone. When the skies hide its tiny specs of hope, I know there is something bigger behind that brings me a promise of tomorrow.

2. Have you ever been in a situation where you felt inadequate because of your lack of a 'tagline'?

all my life. Until I understood who I was in Christ. my tagline ... hmmm....My core believe was that I was "nonexistent". so I spent the rest of my life trying to prove that I was real, that I existed. I can say that it began to take its toll on me and I became very weary. Through a wonderful Mentor, I learned who I really was.


Now I hate to really refer to my tagline because it could be a Nurse, Counselor, Mom, Wife... Director,..choir member... .many things... but that really doesn't define me ... doesn't it...because at one time, I lived out of those things... and I don't want to anymore...

I live out of Christ first, and then I am a Wife, mom,,, and so on...

I hope I understood that right...


3. Do you have skills or position that you believe God could use mightily if only He would?

I have learned over the past several years that I am all God needs to use me. I just have to be available. Have I been ready before now? YES.. has He been using me? YES...,,, is there a bigger plan? YES....there has been such an unrest within my soul, right now. A stirring. And I have felt it.... God and I have traveled roads together....bumpy ones at that...... and now I sit and listen and wait. The waiting.... in the desert.. has been long... some times it gets very hard... as I am not a patient person...so this is a lesson in itself.... but I am ok.. because I am now seeing God all over my life and the direction it is taking.....

I wish I could post a sign that says ""IN PROGRESS"



4. Have you ever lost a position or station in life you believe could have 'helped God out' with something He has asked you to do? If you haven't lost out, do you perhaps feel you have to gain this in order to be useful to the Kingdom?

First,,,, I don't think I can ever "help God out"... I think He is going to get the job down with or without me...

now... to be useful in the kingdom? Guys.. He is going to use us ready or not. (a little different from free choice)...But I would like to say I was willing... ready.... open... prayerful.... and I am working towards that.... I'm not going to say it is always easy... because I like jumping back to my comfort zone sometimes... but that isn't always best.. actually it is sometimes horrible....coming from a control freak...

5. How are you with your dialogue vs. doubt conversations with God? Which does God hear most from you?

I talk ALL the time with God... I am surprised I have not had a visit from the guys in the little white coats... because I talk out loud... but also privately... in my private places... my hammock, the bathroom, study, my special chair.. car....while walking...my office...

and God and I do get down to business...no sugar coating it.. it's real...God, I'm upset today....Thank you so much for.... I love you and .... I'm scared... I am anxious and I know you say not to be...

6. Do you believe God's Wonders become more wonderful if they originate in the ordinary? Any Scripture references come to mind?

I always say that the miracles are in the small things.. not always the big things... I tell God that I can't wait to see what He has in store for me each day.. that my story is like reading a book... each moment is like turning the pages... there are tiny miracles all through the day...if we just look for them...





and the most recent was my dad calling me and telling me about his relationship with Jesus....you have no idea how long I have prayed for this.....



we sometimes miss them looking for the big ones...
"He performs astonishing miracles in heaven and on earth" (Daniel 6:26) THe good news.. is.. the miracles will go on forever.....


If you want to do this study go over to Lisa's Blog ... it's wonderful...
Blessings on your week!




13 little hearts from you...:

Denise said...

Your answers are so precious dear one.

AK said...

"I am no longer defined by the storms of my life."
Wow! What an incredible way to put that, and I'm so excited that you are able to say that.

Mindy said...

Your answers were great!
How wonderful for your dad and for you! Answered prayers let us know that HE is up there listening....what more could we ask for?
THANKS for your sweet comments on my blog. It made my day =)

Nise' said...

I so want this to be true ALL the time in my life: "I am no longer defined by the storms of my life."

Continuing to pray for you as you wait.

Praise the Lord about your Dad! That knocks my socks off!

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

Love the Tagline: "In Christ"...
That's the only one we need!

:))
Lisa

~Layers*of*Me~ said...

WOW-- such great answers and honestly! I also agree God will get the job done with our without our willful participation. Blessings to You!

\0/ Praise the Lord about your father! \0/

Gretchen said...

Connie, I am so blessed by reading your answers. We haven't gone through the same trials in life, but, boy do I relate with you on your tagline. :) If you only knew how much He was blessing others through your words today, you would NEVER question your worth or fragrant beauty. Simply: You rock! xxxooo

BTW, I finished the meme. Thanks for thinking of me.

Cyndee@Riezzee's Place said...

I am enjoying the different answers for number one from people. You have such a way with metaphors - the whole "emerging from the waves". What a refreshing thought that we are NOT what our circumstances are, but can be rooted firmly in Christ.

Have a blessed day!

Gretchen said...

When I say "link", I mean, can I list you under my "Blogs I Enjoy" title on my sidebar?

I am a technophobe, myself, so I'm glad I'm not the only one with the deer in the headlights look when it comes to these blog thingys.

Patty said...

Loved reading your answers. I also got excited to read what you said about not being defined by your storms. Amazing! You know alot of people like to define us by our storms or situations instead of us defining ourselves that way. It is very important for us to know who we are in Christ so that we don't buy into the enemies lie that we are nothing! God has done a work in you, freedom!

Miriam Pauline said...

Wow! Your answers really blessed me this week. Not to be defined by the storms of life. How great is that?! And thank you for sharing about answering your prayers regarding your Dad--that is encouragement for persevering. Blessings.

Susanne said...

This is such a beautiful post!! This quote brought tears to my eyes..."there has been such an unrest within my soul, right now. A stirring. And I have felt it.... God and I have traveled roads together....bumpy ones at that...... and now I sit and listen and wait. The waiting.... in the desert.. has been long... some times it gets very hard... as I am not a patient person...so this is a lesson in itself.... but I am ok.. because I am now seeing God all over my life and the direction it is taking....." So beautifully put. This is how I feel right now, waiting on God's "next step" for my husband (and my family) in ministry. Thank you for sharing. Love and Prayers for you my friend!!!

daisy said...

Thank you, Connie! Loved your insights. I always learn something when I read your blog.

I love that you said all we need to do is be available. Thanks for making yourself available, open and transparent. I am blessed to "know" you.